Arts Wayland and Fireseed Arts call for Street and Graffiti artists to participate in the beautification of Wayland Transfer Station’s structures, promote unity in community and encourage recycling and repurposing to save our environment. Three to Four artist will be selected based on the sample work, experience and proposal. Dan Balter and Patino Vazquez, co-founders of Fireseeds Art and Nasser K, Director of Arts Wayland will select artists based on the submission material and artists past experience with Street or Graffiti art.
- Arts Wayland and Fireseed Arts will provide all the Art Material.
- On the Work Day June 13th, live music and food will be available to artists and visiting audience.
- All Artists’ artwork will be photographed professionally and posted on-line.
- Selected artists (Individual or Group) will receive $250 as a gift.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 13th, 2015
· Please submit 2 to 4 sample works. Along with a written paragraph about your experience working on various material in large scale. We also welcome additional written statement about “What Community means to you.”
· Submit a rough supply list with an approximate cost.
· E-mail images and the written paragraph to email@example.com The e-mail subject should read: “Transfer Art Submission.”
· Submissions after May 13th, 2015 will not be accepted.
· File Name, medium (Street or Graffiti), actual Dimensions of each artwork are required to be included in the body of the e-mail. (Artwork title is optional.)
· Save images as a .jpg using the highest quality that keeps the file size under 1MB.
· File naming requirement is as follows: lastname_firstinitial_imagenumber.jpg. For example White_J_1.jpg. Please do not use symbols or spaces in the file name
· Proposal Submission: May 13th, 2015
· Artist Selection: May 20th, 2015
· Site Walkthrough: Saturday May 30th @ 9am
· Artist at work: Saturday June 13th from 7am to 4pm
USE RIGHTS: Artists maintain copyright on all of their work. By submission, artists grant The Arts Wayland and Fireseeds Arts the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and other Arts Wayland programs; and for reproduction online and in a print exhibition catalogue. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from the Arts Wayland and Fireseeds Arts. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use.