Healing fibers: War & Peace
Healing Fibers is an annual non-juried initiative thought of by artist Bayda Asbridge. The goal of this project is to discuss political, environmental, gender, racial, medical, human rights and other societal issues by using fiber as a medium for each exhibit. 2014 witnessed the first in a series and the theme was violence against women. With the many violent events around the world, this year’s exhibit will address war and peace.
This art project provides a professional context for artists of all genre to share their work, network with their peers, and connect with artists and arts enthusiasts while addressing issues of importance to them and their communities. Local organizations are invited to participate with a speaker and providing literature about their services to the community.
Artists are welcome to participate with one or two pieces addressing this year’s theme. Art can be any medium (drawing, sketching, painting, mixed media, collage, prints, photography, sculpture, craft, weaving, assemblage, etc.) as long as art is mounted/ printed on fiber or contains fibers, threads in its final presentation. At the same time writers, poets, speakers, veterans etc. are welcome to participate in the event too. For the second category, if you wish to participate, please contact Barbara Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Fee: $15 for one or two pieces. Payment is made by check addressed to Bayda Asbridge or by paypal through her email address: email@example.com
· Please label each piece on the back with labels provided with entry form.
· Artwork must be original, completed in the last two years and wasn’t exhibited at Healing Fibers before.
· Artwork must be exhibition-ready, with any required hardware, picture-hanging wire, and framing as appropriate. No saw-toothed hangers or clip frames will be accepted.
· Two-dimensional works are limited to 100”/ 250cm/ 8.5ft in any direction including frame (exceptions might be considered, email bayda).
· Any single element of a 3-D work is limited to 40 pounds.
· Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of the work, and insurance to and from Sprinkler Factory. Please be aware that the gallery is on the 2nd floor and there is no elevator.
· Online submission: send high resolution images by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Label each image with your name, the title & dimensions of the piece.
· All art will be screened for acceptance into the exhibition to ensure that it fits the theme and the applied conditions.
INSURANCE AND SALES:
· Please note that even though we strive to handle all art with extreme care, we assume no responsibility for loss or damage to any submitted work of art for any reason, before, during, or after the exhibition. Insurance protection is the responsibility of each artist.
· Sales are at the artist’s arrangements. Each art piece will carry a label with the artist’s contact details.
Exhibit: 1st November - 29th November 2015 (gallery is open on weekends Sat. & Sun from 1:00-3:00 PM open to the public and for extra events (to be announced closer to the time).
Place: Sprinkler Factory, 38 Harlow St., Worcester, MA, 01605
October 24th Registration form and fee must be received by 5:00 PM
November 1st: (daylight saving!!)Artwork Drop Off at Sprinkler Factory 1:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
November 7th : Exhibition Opening & Artists’ Reception: 6:00PM- 8:00PM. Artists’ reception is complimented with guest speakers, dance performances, live music and some food and drinks.
Raffle: there will be a raffle (if you want to donate a gift or a small piece of art that would be great). The funds will go to the participating charity.
Pick–up: 29th Nov. from 1:00P.M. - 4:00P.M. Any art left behind will be donated as we don’t have storage space.