Get Ready for Arts Wayland Holiday Art Show: Small Paintings, Collages, and Photographs
Date: December 2 to December 29, 2018. Open house and sale December 9.
This show is planned for the Wayland Library Raytheon Room and Library foyer.
We invite you to start creating! Get ready for this opportunity.
Official entry forms will be available in October 2018.
In the meantime, here are the guidelines:
· 2-dimensional works that hang on the wall only.
· All works 12” x 12” or smaller, excluding frame. For example: 12” x 12”, 9” x 12”, 5” x 7”, 8” x 8,” 8” x 10”, 10” x 10”; framed size (if applicable) not to exceed 14” x 14.”
· Cradled board artwork and unframed stretched dimensional canvas is acceptable as well as framed artwork within the size range.
· All works must be wired for hanging.
· Submission fee of $10 for three artworks, $20 for non-members. Depending on number of submissions, artists may be invited to submit an additional 3 pieces (at $10 or $20) after November 1.
· No additional commission paid to Arts Wayland.
· If a work sells, the artist must be prepared to replace it with another artwork and must contact Arts Wayland. Replacement is necessary to avoid empty spaces in the exhibition. Arts Wayland recommends that artists have replacement works ready. There will be no additional fee for the replacement.
· Direct sales will be handled on December 9. Otherwise, a list of show entries, prices, and artist contact information will be on hand in the Raytheon Room for buyers to contact the artist directly.
· The artist will be responsible for sending 20% of the sale price to the library and for notifying Arts Wayland of any sales.
· Arts Wayland recommends artists set prices in the $40 to $80 range, but pricing is up to the artist.
· The entry form, which will be available in October, must be submitted by November 1.