Get Ready for Arts Wayland Holiday Art Show: Small Paintings, Collages, and Photographs
Entry form is available at:
Show dates: December 2 to 29, 2018
Reception and on-site sales: December 9, 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Entries due: by November 15
Art Drop Off: December 1 (Saturday) 12:00 to 4:30pm
Art Pick Up: December 30 (Sunday) 2:15 to 4:30pm
Show Location: Wayland Library Raytheon Room and Library foyer.
Art description: Small original paintings, collages, photographs, mixed media, prints, monoprints, etc.
Submission fee: $10 for three artworks, $20 for non-members*.
Mail fee and any paper entry forms to: Arts Wayland, P.O.Box 272, Wayland, MA 01778.
*Membership is $40 per year. Holiday show entrants will get the rest of 2018 and all of 2019 - http://www.artswayland.com/join/
Commission: Artist to contact the library after sales and donate 20%
· 2-dimensional works that hang on the wall only.
· All works 12” x 12” or smaller, excluding frame. For example: 12” x 12”, 9” x 12”, 5” x 7”, 8” x 8,” 8” x 10”, 10” x 10”; framed size (if applicable) not to exceed 14” x 14.”
· Cradled board artwork and unframed stretched dimensional canvas is acceptable as well as framed artwork within the size range.
· All works must be wired for hanging.
Depending on number of submissions, artists may be invited to submit an additional 3 pieces (at $10 or $20) after November 15.
· If a work sells, the artist must be prepared to replace it with another artwork and must contact Arts Wayland. Replacement is necessary to avoid empty spaces in the exhibition. Arts Wayland recommends that artists have replacement works ready. There will be no additional fee for the replacement.
· Direct sales will be handled on December 9. Otherwise, a list of show entries, prices, and artist contact information will be on hand in the Raytheon Room for buyers to contact the artist directly.
· The artist will be responsible for sending 20% of the sale price to the library.
· Arts Wayland recommends artists set prices in the $40 to $80 range, but pricing is up to the artist.